The Old Stone House offers both wedding ceremonies and receptions in its private and enchanting gardens, conveniently located just 30 minutes from Canberra.
Each wedding is created to suit you as a couple whether that be a big blow-out with all of your family and friends or an intimate gathering with your nearest and dearest. There are no requirements for minimum numbers and no penalties or minimum spending amounts for smaller weddings.
Receptions at the Old Stone House can take any form be that brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, or dinner. For added flexibility to suit your tastes and budget, all couples have the option to hire any professional caterer for your wedding. Caterers that we have loved working with in the past include Woodbrook, Hauberg & Co., Mr. Papa, and Nibble and Nourish.
Love is love and the Old Stone House believes there is no right or wrong way to celebrate a wedding. Let us help you to think outside the box and plan the wedding that best fits you. Please here to see our Wedding Gallery.
Little Weddings - Your Elopement Alternative
Little Weddings are the solution for those wanting a small wedding or vow renewal that doesn't involve leaving friends and family behind. We understand the desire for a wedding that is intimate, relaxed and hassle-free which has lead us to create this packaged elopement-style wedding.
Little Weddings let you gather your nearest and dearest to celebrate your wedding in the privacy of our beautiful gardens where you will be married by celebrant, Julie Rattenbury and have photos taken by photographer, Alex Pasquali. The package is for a maximum of two hours and up to 30 guests giving you time to mingle with your guests and have photos taken after the ceremony.
Couples have the option to include food and beverages for their little reception. Alternatively, you can head to a venue in Bungendore for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner to carry on the celebrations. Please contact our event coordinator, Rachael, to find out more information.
Click here to view our Little Weddings gallery.
**New dates available- 6 November, 2020 and February 14, 2021. Please contact us if you are interested in eloping in our gardens on either of these dates.**
Planning your Little Wedding is as easy as:
* * *
Extra Special Touches
The Old Stone House believes that flexibility is the best thing that we can offer couples to make sure that your wedding day is truly a reflection of your wants and needs. The following are just a few things that we offer for our weddings and Little Weddings elopements:
- Dogs are welcomed and encouraged to share your special day with you because we know how special fur-babies are
- Confetti is allowed as long as it is biodegradable - paper or flowers only, no foil or plastic
- The team at the Old Stone House is responsible for the set up and pack down of your event so you won’t have to lift a finger
- Numerous consultations with Rachael, your event coordinator, are provided to perfect all the details for your special day
- Optional extras available free of charge include:
- White or multi-coloured pastel bunting can be strung from wooden poles across the reception space for day weddings
- Vintage tea cups, saucers, and plates for small morning or afternoon tea themed weddings (maximum of 30 sets)
- An assortment of 43 vintage brass candlesticks
- Lawn games including croquet, pétanque and ring toss